Reciever turns off from volume being too loud

Username: Glennjr

Post Number: 1
I have a phillips surround system with DTS. I want to know if there is anything i can do to keep the system from turning off from being too loud. I only had the volume at 19 and it goes to 42 and sounds great but as soon as the background music get loud or a gunshot goes off the reciever turns off. Do I have it set up wrong. I have tried alot of ways to set it up but the voice either drowns out or it is just plain too quiet. Or is there something i can buy to keep that from happening?

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 186
It sounds like its defective to me. How long ago did you buy it?

Post Number: 2
I have had it a little over two years. It worked great when I bought it as far as i remember then i gave it to my parents and my dad is hard of hearing so he likes his movies loud. And I have no complaint with that because so do I. But for some reason it can not seem to handle the out put and it cuts off. I have had the problem with car amps before but never a surround sound system.

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 187
How is it setup? What connections are you using?

Post Number: 3
Nevermind I fixed it. After i said i have had the problem wit car amps it hit me to check the wiring. Because usually when a car amp cuts off it is because once the output is high enough a spark jumps from the + wire to the - wire. And sure enough the left surround speaker was disconected and the wire was just hanging there. i just hooked it back in and the problem is gone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us