Speakers on an Onkyo TX-SR705

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 181
Is it a bad idea to use a lower quality speaker on an Onkyo TX-SR705? Will it effect the quality of the sound I get when I upgrade? I have a basic set of Onkyo speakers for the front, and center and Athena Technologies for the left, right and rear left and right surrounds.

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 649

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
I really do not think that asking if using cheap speakers could have an adverse effect on your receiver is such a giant stretch of the imagination. Thanks for your input HC, that is very enlightening....

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 220
How in the world was this missed? Is the question still unanswered Jeff?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Yeah, :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 222
Happily the simple answer is no!

The amplifier will not retain any "memory" of the old speakers once you upgrade. There can be permanent damage from a variety of bad wiring practices and you can also fry your speakers in some rather imaginative ways but I think the only thing you will hear when you upgrade is the improvement you will have made.

Within limits you get the biggest bang for the buck with speakers. In other words the most dramatic improvements to your system come from the speakers. Bad speakers always sound bad no matter what you drive them with while good speakers, again within limits, sound good even with a cheap amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us