Onkyo 770 or 777 ?

Username: Matthew2582

Raymore, MO United States

Post Number: 2
Is the 770 and some other DVD player a better deal than the 777 which is sold with Onkyo's own $200 DVD. If so, which DVD player do people recommend to go with the 770 ?

Blue123
Unregistered guest
About a month ago I picked up the Onkyo HT-S760 system and I purchased separately the Onkyo DVCP701 6-disc changer.

If you need the home theater system and you also need a DVD player, why not complete the system and get the same name brand?

Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 2
I ordered a 770 from Crutchfield with the intention of getting a cheaper DVD player somewhere else. After looking around I ended up ordering the same Onkyo DVCP702 6 disk changer that comes with the 777 for $199 with free shipping. The DVD changer came yesterday, but alas my 770 won't be here till tomorrow. I really like the DVD so far and ordered it for consistency (Onkyo), media compatibility and features.

That said there are many feature rich cheaper DVD players on the market and the 770 should support most of them so you could save some money in that area and be perfectly happy IMHO.

One note, I did not count on the size of a carousel DVD changer, check the size specs carefully as I had a time fitting the 702 in my entertainment center (still love it though)...

Username: Matthew2582

Raymore, MO United States

Post Number: 3
Thanks Blue123 and Gene Smith for your comments. Gene hits the point - why not the 770 and save some money on a comparable DVD player rather than the $200 you pay for the 777's DVCP701/702 - particularly as I absolutely am not interested in carousels ?

So my question would be - what is a good DVD choice at a lower price than the DVCP702 ?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 29
The DVCP702 cost $200 and does not play DVD-Audio and SACD. I don't think it's a choice now unless you have something to play DVD-A and SACD.

The following looks good but costs more than twice.
DV-CP802
SACD & DVD Audio/Video Changer
$499.00
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us