HDMI Switcher Question

Username: Gamertypes

Post Number: 1
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get a hdmi switch and hook it up so i can go back and forth using a computer and a HD cable box. My monitor or computer doesnt like it when i unplug the dvi cable then try to plug it back in because i get a blank screen. I also don't want to have to shutdown and restart the computer everytime i wanna go from one to the other. I just bought a 24 dell monitor with HDCP enabled. I have not tested any switchers so i was hoping someone would know of a switcher that is able to switch back and forth between computer and hd cable box without having to restart the computer every time you wanna go from one to the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~Regards
Marc

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 70
Greetings Marc,
The best switch would be a new surround Receiver so that you can enjoy the sound that goes with those pictures but if that is not what you want to do I am sure you can find something at Monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110

Have fun!

Username: Gamertypes

Post Number: 2
Hello again, this is for anyone who also has a similar problem. I bought the hdmi switcher at monoprice 3x1 and it works great. I no longer have to unplug then replug onto my monitor. However, the reason i am writing is because i have figured out a solution to being able to go back and forth from computer to hd cable box without shutting down the computer. The trick is to put your computer in sleep mode. Putting your computer in sleep mode will shut off the monitor. Before you hit the input on the hdmi switch put your computer in sleep mode. If you dont put the computer in sleep mode before u hit the input button you will have to restart the computer. When you want to come back to computer you also have to make sure to switch the input back to the computer input setting on the hdmi switcher before you awake from sleep mode. Also, i am using a black and silver microsoft keyboard and hitting the button with the moon on it to turn on and off sleep mode. I think i just about covered everything. Finnally Success!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 91
Enjoy!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us