System and speakers for my home theater

Username: Nil

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 4
Hi! i need a serious and expert help from all you guys there. Have a dedicated home thatre room with accoustics (23x13.5x9ft; LxWxH). Am planning to have pioneer Blue ray disc player with in built true HD decoder, nad t 175 pre-amplifier (HDMI 1.3, modular design -upgraded later on with a true hd decoder when it comes, no decoder for true HD / DTS audio, can pass through though), sunfire 7200 power amp (7.1, 200 watts at 8 ohms and 400 at 4 ohm), panasonic 2000, 1080p projector.
I have few questions regarding:
1. are this two amps compatible with each other
2. which are the other alternatives
3. my primery aim is 70 % audio (jazz, guitars, audiophile recordings, soft rock) & 30 % movies
4. which speakers, mainly front with recommanded wires
Budget varies depnding on a good combination, though in the range of the selected products plus for about 4 to 6 K US dollars for the speakers.
Thanks guys
nil

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 66
1. Should be.
2. Need speakers before worrying about this.
3. & 4. Cool, your use mix tells me you are correct in wanting high quality fronts but on that the best I can tell you is to go to a relatively high end audio store and listen to their selection of speakers to determine which ones you like the best. Is there a stereo store somewhere close to you? Forgive me, as for India I am an "ignorant American"!!!

Post Number: 5
Thanks jim. stereo store is a problem over here. There are shops, which keeps few brands with them and will suggest from the same brands with amps they have.I have listened to various speakers, when i go out of country like dynaaudio focus 220 (with plinius amp, Legasy focus HD and classics with parasound amp (only 5.1, does not make 7.1), dali Ikons and Mentors, monitior audios,B & W, pardigms etc. I liked tha dyna audio and Legacy sound. I spoke to somebody over here, who told me to go for north american speakers (dB > 90) as they are more home theaters and the europeans are more of audiophile speakes. But as i told before, i am more in to audio. Can you suggest few spekers to audition specifically (any, as i frequently go out of country.
Thnaks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
My personal favorites are NHT but I admit I have not listened to the newer models. What I would suggest is to compare any brand you can find to listen to to the things you like about the Dynaudio (I had a bit of experience with Dynaudio at VW) and Legacy speakers you heard and see if there are any that you run across that are markedly better to your ears.
The brand, to me, is not nearly as important as how good they sound TO YOU.

Post Number: 6
will do that in the last week of march. Thanx. Do You think that even though i have auditioned them on other amps, should sound the same on the amps i have thought of buying?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
There will always be some differences, as a matter of fact there will be differences in what you hear in a store as to what you will hear in your home even driven by the exact same amp because of room acoustics The idea is to get as close as possible to what you think is perfect with good quality equipment (you have that covered) to minimize the chances that you will be severely disappointed when you actually get everything all hooked up.

While this is not an exact science it is certainly better than just taking someone's word for a particular speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us