Dialogue on Home theater not understandable

Username: Jim_ciampi

Virginia Beach, VA United States

Post Number: 1
I need help.When watching my system I sometimes cannot make out some of the words that are being spoken.I suspect I am not getting some high range quality out of the speakers.I have a Sony 43 inch plazma W Sony 6.1 speaker system.I considered adding some tweeters center front and back.If I turn up the powered woofer it gets worse.Any suggestions from you experts out there?please Email me w/suggestions jamesciampi@cox.net

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15257
Did you go through the speaker calibration process?

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 129
When that happens to me I just turn down the front left and right and turn up the center. The center is where the dialogue is coming from. That way when you turn up the volume the center is not overpowered by the front left and right and you should hear the dialogue normally. Your Sony 6.1 manual should tell you how to adjust the levels for each speaker -mine did when I had a Sony. My Onkyo has a temp adjustment for this right on the remote so I can make these adjustments anytime and when the onkyo is turned off the settings go back to the Audyssey auto calibration settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us