Can speakers be looped together

Anonymous

I'm wiring my basement for speakers, Can I loop speakers together or do I needed a dedicated speaker wire for each one?

Bronze Member
Username: Neht

Westford, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 13
No. Sorry. Each speaker needs some power... You'd end up having your volume knob maxed and it will sound like junk. Not good for your receiver either.

Pick up a speaker selector from your local high-end audio store. You can get 4 zone speaker selector for around $100. Some manufactures like Niles, Speakecraft and Russound. There may be cheaper versions at Radio Shack. You hook it up from the speaker output on your receiver to the selector and than off that to each speaker.

Use the following link to get started..

http://www.speakercraft.com/our_products/spks/index.htm

Hope this helps!

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
How you hook up your speakers is determined by how you will use them. If you want all speakers to play at the same volume you can hook them together in a loop. But you have to know how to wire them in series/parallel connection to keep the impedance high enough to be safe for your reciever/amp. If you don't know how to do this then you should either pay someone to do it correctly or go the individual cabling route.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us