Speaker mount worries

Username: Nickwms74

Post Number: 3
I've just had a house built and have had a home theater prewire done within the house. The trouble that is troubling me is that prewire holes are the size of the electrical outlets and just has the cover or it. So my question is there a spearker wallmount bracket out there that can cover this hole and has holes to run the wires thought it. Or does the have no choice but to be seen coming from the wall. Please help me, I am new and just learning these things.

Bronze Member
Username: Neht

Westford, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 12
The idea with the outlet hole is to place a cover over it containing speaker wire connects (Banana Jack type or less expensive spring clip type) or just a blank plate with a hole in the middle. The speaker is usually mounted to the right or left of the plate as in the photos in the following link.

http://www.newenglandhometheater.net/photogallery.htm

Sometimes the speakers are big enough to cover the hole/plate and wires so you can't see them. This is why some folks install in-wall speakers, although I prefer box speakers myself.

To answer your question? No. I don't think there is any speaker mount that covers the hole completely. Try omnimounts website too.

http://www.omnimount.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 22
You could defeat the troubling trouble completly by getting in-wall speakers. Asuming that the builder installed gang boxes behind the plates, after locating the stud and marking the wall, cut your sheetrock out and pry the gang box out, install your in-wall and there's no plate. The only other was besides what scott mentioned is to drill a hole through the blank plate, large enough for the wire to fit through and place the speaker near the plate so that it hides the plate.

Username: Nickwms74

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your help guys. This info has come in really handy and will be put to good use. I'll post some pics when I have finished the job. Thanks a bunch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us