Onkyo HT-S650 Subwoofer wont play-can you help please?

Hello, I recently bought an Onkyo HT-S660 Home Theater in a box 5.1 Surround Sound System. It came with the HT-R410 reciever, and the SKW-150 subwoofer. Well, everything worked great (after I purchased the optional optical cable) and my subwoofer was putting out LFE effects on Mode 3! Well, I was watching Black Hawk Down at about level 50 when all of a sudden the subwoofer stopped putting out bass, and actaully, stopped working period. After testing the channels (they all worked except the sub) I then tried changing modes (1 and 2), switching crossover frequency's, powering off for 24 hours, and retesting. The subwoofer produces NO SOUND WHATSOEVER!! This is extremely frustrating because everything was working great and now everything but the sub is working. I called my dealer and they have ordered me a new subwoofer. I have heard horror stories as to how this is happening to others. What should I do? Does anyone have any answers? This is quite frustrating because in my humble opinion I spent money on the sub and it should work dammit.

Anonymous
Well.. I own the same woofer, but I have never had any problems with it. Dont even worry about it since the dealer is looking out for you.peace

Richard G.
How long have you owned yours? I had mine for 1 week and a half and didnt have any problems either. I did an analog test and it still didnt play, so it has to just be the sub (but the green light stayed on so it was atleast getting power) My 30 day return ends 8.20.03 so if the new sub dosen't take, I am taking it all back and getting something else.

Anonymous
Okay, I know this is probably not the case because a subwoofer is the least likely type of speaker for this to happen- but you may have blown it. Everything you have said points to that. Although many people dont think so- a blown sub makes no noise at all, not a little bit of noise like most people believe. A good way to see if it's blown is to take off the front screen (If there is one) to expose the cone. GENTLY push the cone into the back of the sub and listen (stop pushing when resistance is felt) If you here a low "thud" at the point of resistance, its not blown. If you here a tiny "click", it most likely is. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us