B&W VM6 versus RBH WM30

Username: Lecroj

Post Number: 1
I am about to build a home theater system based around a 52" LCD TV set over a fireplace. I want flat speakers for the LRC and am torn between the RBH and B&W. I can't listen to them both in the same setting so can't do a head to head comparison. Both sound great separately. I have found no reviews for the VM6 and glowing reviews for the WM30. I have owned B&Ws in the past but will defect if the RBHs are better. I will be running the system with a Sony receiver, have 2 velodyne SC-10 subs with a SC-1250 and will use bipolar in-wall speakers for the sides (likely RBH or Definitive) and two Nanosats for the back channels. I will use the system for music (mostly MP3s off a hard drive) and movies.

Username: Lecroj

Post Number: 2
Problem solved. Went to an RBH dealer in NJ and he gave the wm30s to me at cost as well as the dipole, in wall surrounds. Said he needed to dump inventory before year end. $350 ea for the wm30s and $400 pr for the RBH dipole surrounds. Still would like to hear an opinion, however if anyone has heard both at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us