Home sub keeps blowing fuse after fuse...

Username: Alieninvasionz

KC, KS USA

Post Number: 1
I've got an Audiosource SW Fifteen sub. Hooked up to a Kenwood VR 7080 receiver. Here's all I know. I went to someone's house & bought it & we watched a movie & it worked fine. I brought it home & it worked fine last night for 300. Then today I turned on a movie & noticed no noise. Replaced the fuse which I noticed was blown. Blew that fuse then another & another. Half of them are black inside. I made sure the unit was not plugged in & all levels were down. I even turned the receiver off. All to the same results. I'm using 2 amp slow burn fuses like it calls for. Should I go to 3.15 or 4 amp fuses or try time release (i think they're called) fuses? Also my outlets are not grounded. I live in an older home. But the service is 100 amp here & I just bought a newer surge protector that has everything running to it. Should I plug the sub in elsewhere, try a different type of fuse or what? Please help!

Username: Alieninvasionz

KC, KS USA

Post Number: 2
Called Audiosource & they said it is either the speaker or the amp. Actually this is the 2nd time this has happened. The guy I bought it from gave me a sub before (same exact one) & it didn't work & I thought it was bad & swapped him out but I'm thinking something of mine may have shorted it out twice. But why was I able to watch a movie with it last night? Could it be my reciever?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us