Onkyo HT-SR800?

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 96
Does anyone hav this system or have any information about it?

Bronze Member
Username: Hodedofome

TX USA

Post Number: 88
I have one that I'm about to hook up for a friend, and for the price you cannot get a better system. Obviously you can do better with more $$$. It produces a much "fuller" sound for movies with the large front speakers and sub, and the receiver is pretty nice too. The rear speakers are just ok but get the job done for most people.

Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 4
Onkyo makes a decent home theater box system for a great price. I bought one this year that includes the 6 disc changer and it has been an awesome experience using it for both BluRay, PS3 games, and regular DVD movies.

Bronze Member
Username: Counterbond

Post Number: 21
I just bought this and love it....230w powered sub is aweseome, GRANDMA HATES IT!...whatevvv

counterbond

Username: Bsquared

Post Number: 6
I'm also looking into the Onkyo HT-SR800, but I'm scared to pull the trigger. Does this system have HDMI switching only or is video/audio passed through?

Does anyone have feedback concerning the HT-SR600? It's a little cheaper....

Username: Gojcaj

Post Number: 6
If I'm not mistaken the SR800 has HMDI Passthrough only meaning only the video is passed through the cable. You're going to need extra cables connecting the audio.

Silver Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 116
HDMI carries digital audio so what every is passing through the receiver via HDMI would be all set.

Username: Bsquared

Post Number: 7
Thanks Nick. But you have to be careful about the AVR, right? Some only send video which is my issue right now with my current setup.
Curious though.....if you are setting up a home theater, why would you purchase an AVR that doesn't pass-through video AND audio via HDMI?

Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Hodedofome

TX USA

Post Number: 89
The SR800 system has HDMI video pass-through only (up to 1080p), it does not do HDMI audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 50
The idea is that the audio portion will always be handled by the AVR and therefore is not needed at the TV.

Username: Jcrebels3

Laredo, TX USA

Post Number: 1
I just received this system and it rocks. I haven't set it up properly with th Audyssey surround. It sound great right out of the box with all speakers at the front. I'm looking to go with 16GA wire and some mounts for the surround speakers. Can't wait!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us