Building home theater need help

Username: Terry2

Post Number: 1
Building a home theater in basement. size 13'6" wide 20'6" long 9' high .Have 8'6" fromwall where screen will go, to the first platform ,which is 10" high,x6' to the last platform, which is another 10" high x6'deep. I need to know what kind and what gauge speaker wire to rough in before we drywall. All so distance from screen to place wire in walls.I want to rough for a 7.1 surround system. need help choosing speakers ,receiver, projector, screen. If I go with less speakers I will be able to upgrade later. budget of $6.000.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 310
ok here we go again to see if my computer locks up again.

last speaker wire that I bought was monster 10 gauge, nice wire but pricey, if I was going to put wire in the walls permanantly I wouldnt go any smaller that 10 gauge, but thats me,

my projector mount is about 11'9" (center of mount) away from screen, there is a formula for distance I will try to find it for you,

I think I bought my latest projector about 8 months ago and I did a lot of research, and I bought the right one (MITS HD 1000U)

the projector world is a fast growing tecnoligy and I see already theres a Mits HC1500 and it looks like its a little brighter and a little cheaper< Dam If I only waited 8 more months,

I like the look of the Infocus IN76 but way to much money for a cool looking case and I have had trouble with infocus before they do have good costomer service and repair,

optima I here has problems when you mount it upside down so I didnt bother,

http://www.projectorreviews.com/mitsubishi/?utm_souce=projectorreviews&utm_mediu m=CPC&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=projectors this is a good site to help your research

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 311
and yes on the speakers, install the wires for 7.1 but buy 5.1 for now, you will want to spend the most amount of money on high quality speakers that you can,

and can you up the budget a little?

and take pics of the room if you want help with speaker placement and what kind of speakers to choose
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us