Pioneer VSX-517 help

Username: Ssscmike

Post Number: 1
I just purchased the Pioneer VSX-517 receiver to play my xbox360 in 5.1, but now I am curious if I am able to play my TV through the surround sound. I have my xbox hooked up to the DVR/VCR slot, and it works fine, my DVD player hooked up to the DVD/LD slot, working fine, and my TV hooked up to the TV/SAT slot, but it does not put out any sound at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 365
What do you have for your TV source? Cable? Satellite?

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 304
all audio sources get hooked up to the receiver, if you have any audio sources hooked up to the TV unhook them and hook them up to the receiver

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 367
Thanks Angelo, that's what I was getting at...

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 305
I know, I thaught it would be funny, sorry

Post Number: 2
The TV is plugged right into the receiver, nothing else hooks into the TV, I have satellite provided by Dish Network. But they hooked it up so that the box is in the living room, and my room uses IR/UHF to control the box. I should mention that when I turn the volume all the way up on the receiver, I can hear the TV very very quietly, but its fuzzy as hell.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 435
Your Dish Network box is in another room, Ive seen this before. Normally the Dish box audio out would be hooked up to the receiver. Either move the cable box to the room with the receiver or get a HI-FI VCR and hook it up betwen the Dish box and the TV and send the audio from the VCR to the TV.

Post Number: 3
So if I hook up from the TV to the VCR, then from the VCR to the receiver it should work? Or are you saying hook up the VCR to the Dish DVR box, then run cables from that VCR to my receiver?

I appreciate the help.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 378
Why not just buy an extra long RCA audio cable (from Radio shack) and run it from the satellite box to the receiver?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us