Bose lifestyle 8

Username: Purplecatqueen

Post Number: 1
I folks i live in the uk, i bid on a bose lifestyle series 8. Now its second hand from ebay. The chap that sold me it, said it came with all leads etc, complete perfect working order. It is not perfect, no diplay on lifestyle screen, powers up with a after market transformer NOT bose supplied 12volt transformer, plays cd and radio , but you dont get a display. So no tuning and no menu. Now could it be that I need the bose transformer, and only this one will complete the setup. i wondered if there was something about the bose transformer, as the seller said it worked fine before he sent it, blaming me for breaking it, a libery i think seems i have not got the transformer for the lifestyle unit, when he advertised complete.I paid £350 not bad as in good condition otherwise, apart from problem as above. Please please help, woman in need of advice.thanks you....

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 893
Shelly,

the Bose Lifestyle systems are notorious for having the displays go out on them. Unfortunatly, you are going to have to go through ebay on this one, or try to purchase a new one through Bose, and they may be on the spendy side.

Username: Purplecatqueen

Post Number: 2
The transformer arrived this morning, plugged in to my releif it powers system up, and the diplay is showing so can use, after all that all it was the transformer, phew............happy this end.Must be something in the bose transformer's that after marker ones dont have.thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 900
Possibly, but I seriously thought the unit had a dead display. Glad you made out OK!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us