Denon AVR-2803 or NAD T743?

Username: The84monkey

Post Number: 1
I am trying to decide between a Denon AVR-2803 or NAD T743 priced at 799 and 699, respectively. Right now I have 12" 8ohm woofers and I will probably upgrade those next. I don't know what is better to get 8 or 4 ohm speakers. Depending on which ones I want in the future that would influence the reciever I get now because the Denon doesn't power 4 ohm speakers. Also, I primarily listen to really loud classic rock music. I hope that is enough information for you to help me. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 582
K:

The Denon 2803 does not handle 4 ohm loads very well, if at all. Conversely, NAD receivers are well known for their ability to handle all kinds of loads and still sound good. I just dumped my old denon 3803 for an NAD 753, and I couldn't be happier.

But I am confused by your comments about your speakers--surely you have something more than just a couple of 12" woofers.

Username: Neht

Westford, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 2
Hey K,

4 ohm speakers are significantly better than 8 ohms. The new Denon AVR-2805 (just out) is the replacement for the 2803 and resolves Hawk's 4 ohm problem as well as many other 2803 gliches. The NAD 753 is, however is pretty nice as well, but my vote goes to the Denon 2805.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us