Coaxial to 6 mono adapter?

Anonymous

I have recently been bought a new dvd player, the problem, the propblem is that my 5.1 surround has a 6 mono input to the amplifier, but my dvd player has a coaxial and optical output. Is there any type of adapter on the market that will convert from coax/ oprtical to 6 plug mono. Thanx in advance.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
If I understand the situation correctly, you have a Dolby Digtal ready reciever. This means your reciever has Dolby Pro Logic circuitry built in but not a Dolby Digtal decoder. Quite a few recievers were built like this in the late 90's as the expectation was you would have the abilty to upgrade your decoder as technology improved. Unfortunately, technology has pushed the price of an outboard decoder into the four figure range. But you (apparently) need a DVD player with the ability to decode Dolby Digital, and probably DTS, and send that to your reciever as a 5.1 analog output. As I said, if I am understanding your description properly there is no cable that will solve your problem. You need either a new reciever or a new DVD player. Your third option would be to look at a used decoder. If you choose this route you might start looking at www.audioclassics.com. The used market starts at about $100.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us