Good DVD player for older folks?

Username: Marksa

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for a good dvd player to buy for my parents since they currently have none. They have a 26" old RCA television from about 1990. I believe their TV only has s-video and composite connections from when I checked, though it -might- have component video connections too.

I need a DVD player with a very (and I mean -very-!) simple remote control and easy to operate usability. My parents are not electronically inclined. When I say that, I mean that they often run into trouble playing even a simple VHS tape.

They are not looking for any particular features on the player, merely the ability to play DVD movies at decent quality. They don't like letterbox and it's not a wide screen TV, so I guess a DVD player that can scale a picture from 16:9 to 4:3 would be preferable. I'd also like to buy a lower priced one if it's possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some models or where I can begin looking at? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Db_audiofile

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 42
Mark,
Most players have the ability to change 16:9 to 4:3 both ways.
Simple, Philips makes a simple DVD player 79$ at Target.
your friend,
Db

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 181
http://www.onecall.com/Default.aspx go hear and talk to lee, Im sure he can find you what your looking for, he has helped me in the past
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us