Denon Home Theater Systems

Username: Paulf7509

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody,
I am new to the topic of home theater systems and new to this forum, but I hope that someone can help me.
I have recently moved into a new house with my family. The house is finished apart from the cellar and as my kids and my wife love movies I decided that I want to surprise them with a movie room down there.
I just don't have ANY idea where to start, what system to take, what companies to look at, etc!!
I have heard a couple of times that the Denon home theater systems are quite good http://www.systemtheater.com/Denon-home-theater.php, but I don't know if you would recommend them to a newbie like me.

I would be really grateful about some suggestions where to turn to!! I have already been to some shops selling theater systems, but I always felt that the sales people didn't accurately inform me but just wanted to sell some stuff.

Thanks a lot,
Paul

Bronze Member
Username: Db_audiofile

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 23
Paul,
Denon is a very good brand and not your only solution. Budget is the key. The most bank for the buck. I several questions:
Is it just for movies or is this a music system Too?
If your just doing entry level, Costco has a good system for around 500$ (Denon)If your system is not doing music, more money in not neccessarily going to give that much more sound.
Video application:
How high-tech are you going?
1080P? 1080 I, Nom-High-def?
don you want your reciever to control the rest of your equipment?
Let me know, and we can get a little more specific.
your friend,
Db

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your answer Don Belongia and for your offer to help me.
Concerning the budget - I want something decent and of good quality but nothing too over the top.
I just plan to use the system for movies. I have thought about 1080 I and I definitely would like my receiver to control everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Db_audiofile

La habra, Ca Usa

Post Number: 44
Paul,
Mid level denon should do the trick. As we move more to complete Digital make sure you have enough HDMI and / or fiber optic inputs.
your friend,
Db

Post Number: 3
Thanks once again for all the useful advice!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us