Wall mounted speakers...? etc.

Username: Glennkl

Post Number: 2
Hey guys (and ladies) -

I am having a new house built and of course had to take the "theater room" option. I've just begun the daunting process of researching all the options for equiping this room...much more of a pain in the @$$ than I thought it was going to be. I had checked out Consumer Reports but it seems they must be catering to the Best Buy crowd as they don't list many (if any) of the recommendations I'm finding on here.

Anyway, my theater room (18'x 15')is coming pre-wired and the wires for the front speakers are going to be poking out of the front wall. This being the case I would like to have some wall mounted speakers since it will be clean. Do wall mounted provded inferior sound versus speakers on stands? I have yet to find a link on here (paradigm, klipsch, etc) that takes me ot a wall mounted speaker. Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 165
Magnapan makes some Bipoles (Dipoles?) which are wall mount and fold back flat when not in use. This model is for backchannels, not front/main use.
They provide a very full sound which is difficult to locate by ear since they use walls as reflectors.
One of the 'standards', THx or the other guy actually calls for this type of driver. I have seen some 2-driver (not 2-way) with drivers facing opposite directions for wall mount....The drivers are either IN phase or OUT of phase to give the bipole/dipole effect.
I have maggies which are at least 25 years old, have been back to Minnisota once for repair and would without hesitation use them in a full 5.1 setup, room allowing. The new ones are even better. Find a place for an audition.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us