What to do? (help)

Username: Whylie_coyote

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 1
I've got a very small area for a theatre / music set-up, bough a 5.1 dreamcatch system, (but use only the two surrounds), and 2 totem Arros up front, and a storm sub. I used the other dreamcatcher bookshelves and the dreamcatcher sub upstairs in another room. I'm poised to start wiring things tonight, and have read that bi-wiring may be a good thing to experiment with. Is there a good diagram out there to walk me through this? At the very least, should I use copper wire, instread of the gold bridge to connect the 2 +'s and -'s respectively?

Do I need 2 RCA type sub cables? or will one work?

Oh, and it's all connected to a Denon 2807, with 16 guage.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 132
bi-wiring your speakers is fairly easy. Just use two 16 gauge speaker wires per speaker. At the receiver end, just twist the + pair together and the - pair together so it makes just one + and one -. Then connect it the the speaker bindings on the receiver. Then on the speaker end just wire the 2 + wire ends to the two + binding posts on the speaker and same for the two - ones.

Username: Whylie_coyote

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 2
Many thanks Nick. Question though, what would happen if I used just one 16 guage speaker wire and splicing the + and the - in half respectively to each post. Would this be the same as running a standard set-up to just two posts and connecting the two + posts with a gold bridge?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 133
Ive never seen it done that way before, but technically speaking that should work. My main speakers are Tri-Wireable, and I was informed from the audio store to use three separate speaker wires.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 150
http://sound.westhost.com/bi-amp.htm#freq_sel read the section on bi-wiring. I dont think using one pair cable to bi-wire is what they had in mind, dont get generic on us. make sure you remove the metal straps. Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
best buy sells the monster wire cheap

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
for the sub one quality cable is fine thats what I use, or you can get a y cable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us