Hooking up the HDMI

Username: Scheets

Post Number: 2
Okay. Almost done. I have the 60 inch Sony TV, the BOSE surround, complete with a Harman Kardon DVD 47 player with HDMI and AVR 645 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver. I hooked up my optical sound forcing me to use Video 1 on my T.V. compared to the Video 7 I used to receive HDMI. My question is: How can I get both optical sound and HDMI video at the same time?

Thanks..

Bronze Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 87
Easy. Hook up the HDMI cable to your TV(Video 7). Then hook up your Optical cable directly to your H/K receiver. In your tv settings Turn off the TV speakers. The HDMI will only be used for video while the H/K will be used for the audio. That is what I am doing with my Blu-Ray player at the moment. So you will turn your tv to Input 7 for the video of course and then turn your H/K receiver to the proper input the Optical cable is plugged into.

Username: Musicsnob4ever

Post Number: 1
I had a DIrect TV box that had a DVI output and went to my Samsung HDTV with a DVI input. They replaced my Direct TV box with an HDMI output. I now have 2 different digital cables and no way to make them talk. I have tried a female DVI to male HDMI converter but my TV still does not recognise the signal. What do I try next?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 116
Use a component cable? Straight from the Direct TV box. Solves your problem and unless your tv is 100 inches you wont be able to tell the difference between Component and HDMI. Does your TV even do full 1080p? If not, then defenetly go component.

Username: Musicsnob4ever

I can tell the difference between an analog signal and a digital signal. The component signal tends to loose definition as in allows the whites to glow...I can't stand to look at that. There has to be a way for the two digital signal to talk to each other.

Username: Pat55

you can pick up some hdmi cables at cablesondemand.com for around 4 bucks. Great quality products.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us