Different problem with center channel no audio in 5.1

Username: Jamaces

Post Number: 1
This may have always been a problem with my reciever i am not sure.

A couple months ago i purchased a xbox 360 elite, I have the audio connected with the red/white and digital. I recently purchased Totem Accoustic Center Speaker, Left Right Tall Speakers, and two book shelfs for the rear.

I am running a yamaha htr-5730 (its from a theater in a box) and when i have it set to DVD (xbox 360) only the sub, and the front/rear right and lefts will work. For the life of me i have tried everything to get that channel to work in DVD mode but it will not work. I know the speaker is good cause if i switch it to say TV it works great.

Anyone have any suggestions to how i can get this to work, other than upgrading the reciever, as the speakers killed me.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 149
If your using the 360 as a DVD optical, I have an H/K 645 my center wont work when I listen to music on dolby but will work on logic7, but when I watch a movie then dolby works, the 360 dos not play movies or music well at all, it cant play sacd, dvd audio, dts, It says dolby digital but I question that and I question weather it has 5.1. I was so disappointed I bought a very nice DVD CD player and the difference is amazing, Im very disappointed with my 360, yes its a better game console but I think that could be better to, why didnt they go to yamaha, adcom, dennon or some company and say, we want to turn one of your best DVD player into a game console, then maybe they could have gave them tips on home theater use like a dimmer on the stupid lights, console and controller, WOW thanks for letting me get that out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us