Hookup problems

Username: Daveoz

Post Number: 1
My Directv picture went out on me and had a repairman come to fix it. I was at work when he fixed and don't know how he hooked it up but now my Directv and my DVD player both come through Video Input 1. I get no picture when the DVD is on, I can hear it but no picture, I only get picture from the Satellite feed. Before the repair, my DVD came through Input 1 and the Directv just came through the TV (not through any of the Video Inputs)

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Post Number: 2
Also, the only cables coming from my DVD player are the Red/White audio and an Optical cable that goes into my Pioneer receiver.

Thanks

Username: Mrich

Winter Garden, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer 50 inch plasma (last years model the one with the media center)
I run HDMI cable from the cable box to the media center.
I run a second Hdmi cable from my Oppo Dvd player to the media center.
Am hooking up surround sound using Denon Avr 2807.
The media center only has two HDMI outlets so I can either hook the Denon to the media center using an optical cord or using a HDMI splitter to make one outlet into two.
Anyone know which is better?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 384
Mike start your own thread

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 385
Dave your DVD player is not hooked up to your TV. You need to run a video wire to the TV.Your cable box is one input and the DVD need to go to its own input on the TV.

Post Number: 3
Casey,
Thanks for the input, just wondering why it worked before, is it because the satellite was hooked up directly through the TV and not going through the receiver?
I never did have a cable going from the DVD to the the TV
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us