Moving and want a nice home theater system

Username: Jodymac

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to surround sound and home theater in general. My room is 17 x 12 with cathedral ceiling and hardwood floors. Have a 46" Samsung LCD that will be over top the fireplace. My budget is $2500 or less. Would definitely like to get the most bang for my buck. Thanks for your time and help.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14073
For the receiver, I would recommend the Outlaw Audio Model 1070 receiver.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/1070.html

And for speakers, there are so many to choose, from within that budget.

What is available in your area?

You can check out Paradigm, B&W, Axiom or Ascend Audio.

Post Number: 3
I live in Raleigh NC which is a fairly good sized city. There is Best Buy, Circuit City, Audio Video, Tweeter and I'm sure there's a couple more I don't know about. Thanks for your response Berny.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 368
You get great bang for the buck with Outlaw but there receivers only have DVI switching when it is an HDMI world. Give me a Denon 2307ci or the newer models due in July 07.

Post Number: 5
After a little research I think I do want a receiver with HDMI inputs and with the auto setup feature. Would like to be able to run just one wire from my receiver to my flat screen.

Post Number: 6
Does anyone know anything about Anthony Gallo's A'Diva Ti 5.1 speaker package? Ran across these while surfing the net for speakers but don't know anyone who has actually listened to the system. Every review I found was excellent. They list for $1975 but I found them on audiophile liquidator for $ 1385 which would put them around my price range with a good receiver.

http://www.roundsound.com/adiva-ti-system.htm?s_kwcid=a'diva%20ti%205.1|450822143&gclid=CJHe7YHk3owCFQwbgQodCBE31A
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us