Newbie Sub Purchase

Username: Lamgar

Post Number: 1
I have never owned a home sub woofer before.
Just finished the basement and setting up a home theatre, room size is 22x39.

is the SVS PB12-NSD/2 the way to go? or will a smaller one do? this is more than I wanted to spend but I do not want to buy and say I wish I bought a better sub.....

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 90
very nice looking sub, but I question ported subs at this time, some say there unnatural sounding, I own enclosed, as far as buying something smaller, yes you will regret it, trust me, I went through it once and bought the one I really could not afford, after I was so happy I did it , and its still in my system

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 357
Big room calls for big sub and pretty much everything else to be big also.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 182
The plus/2 or ultra/2 would be better.

You might even want more than one.

Post Number: 2
been reading alot, HSU, SVS, Polk

the polk PSW505 looks close in the specs and is much cheaper here in canada. anyone have an opinion if this sub is any good for my application they have the same amp as the SVS....

help?

Bronze Member
Username: Hodedofome

TX USA

Post Number: 58
Doubtful the Polk would reach the db or extension as the SVS, although some audiophiles might like the Polk sound better.

Bronze Member

TX USA

Post Number: 59
Just looked at your room size, yes as others have said you will not regret buying the bigger, badder sub, and you'll probably want more than 1 in the future. If the budget is tight buy them 1 at a time I guess.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 183
The PSW505 is close in specs to the PB-12NSD/2 in what way?

Those subs arent even in the same zip code, let alone similar.

Bronze Member

TX USA

Post Number: 63
If you have to go cheaper this is a new sub that's getting good reviews (not this exact one but I can't imagine the low-end getting good reviews and the higher-end subs performing poorly) http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?t=2&products_id=103

Look at some of the other offerings as well, this sub is $550 and looks to be a shade less than the SVS in specs but $350 less in price. So you could do 2 of them for $700 cheaper than 2 PB-12NSD/2 (you're gonna probably want more than 1 either way when it's all said and done, unless you don't care for much bass). Just a thought.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 268
Here is a link to some sub comparisons.

http://home.comcast.net/~frank_carter/Nousaine.htm

Not all the latest subs are on it but should give you a good frame of reference. Some of the subs on this list may surprise you like the RSW15.

Post Number: 3
I bought an outlaw LFM-1+ sub, look like a good deal and seems to rate high.....

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 364
gary that looks like a good choice

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 91
I put the out law LFM-1 on my favorites. It do`s look nice, after you have used it for a few weeks let us know how it sounds

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 270
You did good Gary. Lots of bang for the buck and I do not think you could have done better for the price.

Congratulations!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us