Pioneer 816 7.1 reciever with bose 6.2's

Username: Mtbmtb

Post Number: 5
i have a pioneer 5070 50" plasma tv with a pioneer 816 7.1 reciever. i have a BOSE VCS-10 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER, 4 BOSE 6.2 Series Speakers for the front and surround back speakers and 2 Dell tall tower detachable speakers that come with their plasma tv for the middle surround speakers (these came with the center channel on ebay, i wasn't planning on using them, but hooked them up just to see what would happen).
i'm looking for a sub (see other post).
my ? about set up is the back surround speakers are not too loud. i suppose it will play only what is suppose to come over that channel, but when i play the tuner it just doesn't rock out like my older pioneer reciever did with a 5.0 setup in dolby pro logic on the same speakers while using the back surround 6.2s in stereo on channel B.
would the 7.1 sound better if i switched the bose 6.2s to the middle surround inputs and had the dells on the back surround?
is 7.1 the way to go or was it just a hype and everything is really just going to stay at 5.1?
should i look at replacing the dells since they are really only tv speakers not rated for as high a wattage as the Bose?
the bose are pretty old, but still sound good to me. should i look at something newer?
also the bose 6.2's are 4 ohm while the other speakers are 8 ohm. the 816 has an option for 6 or 8 ohm play, what should i set this at?
i used the auto mic feature to set the pioneer up. i guess i could play with the manual setting, but not sure what to try.
thanks and sorry for so many ?'s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us