Hauffman HM-9060MX Home Theater System.... total junk

Username: Jpd

Post Number: 1
This is a scam. has a $3299.99 price on the box. the thing is not worth a $100. i paid $150 for it off a guy selling it in a parking lot. 1200watts Ya Right!!. the speakers are steel. with nice looking gold posts.they look as reasonable quality. they sound terrible. the box has some weight to it because of the steel speakers. making you think the amp must have some power. didn't take out the amp/sub in the parking lot, its a real piece of junk, as i found out when i got home. the speakers weigh more than the Amp. it has very cheap connecters on the back and is only fit for the trash. The instruction manual states:
" This manual is only for your reference only. Specification and design are subject to change without notice." (the long way to say this is all Bullsh_t)
Power output:-(RMS) 130W X 5 & 550 for the sub.
THD: 1% @ 130W 8ohm. (1% THD F__kin' junk)
FR: 250Hz-20KHz
the Hauffman Home Theater System does not have 130W RMS mybe 130W peak power. When i bought it i thought i was getting 1200W peak power. In its Tech. Spec. they claim 1200W RMS it is not possible from this Amp. do not buy this system. i know what 1000watts RMS sound like, i have it in my Klipsch RF-7 setup. there are better systems out there for under $100.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13986
Bet you were thinking what a great bargain you must be getting off some poor sucker, huh?

What were you thinking buying stuff off a guy selling stuff in the parking lot, anyway?

Lesson learned, man. Remember the old saying..."too good to be true".

Plenty of stories like that here, doing research after the fact.

Username: Jpd

Post Number: 2
ya stupid move on my behalf. i never heard of the name before "Hauffman", should have been my first clue. and i know a bit about this stuff. it had a German flag on the box. just wanted people to known about it so that they do not buy it.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13988
They come under different names:
DiVinci, Dogg Digital, Theater Research, etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us