AMW P8A5 - missing remote control

Username: Im_idaho

Post Number: 1
Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction for information on a dvd home entertainment system. It is an AMW P8A5. I bought one second-hand but it came without the remote control. I thought my universal control would work, but without knowing all the functions of the original, it will only control so much.
I can get the two main speakers working but not the extra 'surround' speakers.

If I can't get a replacement control I thought a picture of the original would at least show me which functions I am missing on my universal control.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1554
­
graham, you should contact AMW about remote control and owner's manual replacement:

PGE Corporation Ltd.
Unit 3, Newmarket Court
Kingston, Milton Keynes
MK10 0AG
United Kingdom

Tel: +44-(0)870-1280 880
Fax: +44-(0)870-1280 878
info@amw-europe.com
http://www.amw-europe.com

AMW Europe GmbH
Charlottenstr.55
40210 Düsseldorf
Germany

Tel: +49-(0)211-179355-0
Fax: +49-(0)211-179355-11
Email: info@amw-europe.de
http://www.amw-europe.de
­

Post Number: 2
Thank you, John, for taking the time to post. I have tried both of these phone numbers already. They basically say they are just a marketing arm for AMW and that because the product is no longer made there is nothing they can do. I am awaiting a reply from the .de email address but as yet nothing.
It's the first time I have come across a situation like this before where the originating company wants to distance itself so much.
But thanks anyway, John.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1555
­
Hope you didn't pay too much for it. :-(

Won't this unit play in surround automatically when a DVD defaults into Dolby Digital 5.1?

Post Number: 3
I assumed it would too. I lets you select surround sound on the dvd menu but it seems you still have to tell the player as well.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1556
­
You most likely have to go into the setup menu, which is no doubt accessible only with the original remote. Too bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us