Think I screwed up?

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 74
When I got my HD cable box I used component video cables to run it to my TV but could have used HDMI, should I fix this for the best performance?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13848
How does it look now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
The TV looks like it cost me around $1500 so I want the picture to be the best it can be even if that means buying another cable.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1537
­
Nick, it "looks" like you paid way too much for that TV, otherwise my friend Berny would have asked you for some specifications and then given you some advice on achieving the best picture from that un-named TV make and model.

Are you sure it is an HDTV?
­

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3398
Use the HDMI input. You can get a cable on ebay for less than $10. HDMI does have compatibility issues on some systems.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 100
i dont understand what the problem is components can carry 1080p i believe 1080i i know for sure what kind of tv are we talking about? i use component for my HD cable box and an optical for audio, and i get great picture. you might have to change the settings on your cable box to set it up for HD. I think i am missing something was this started in an other thread? you are not going to get any better results from HDMI

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1539
­
Josh,
I think Nick is wondering whether HDMI is going to make a very good picture even better. As David suggests if he buys right the HDMI experiment won't cost him much. But I also agree with you, I doubt if he will see much improvement with HDMI vs. component.
­

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
It's just that I read somewhere that HDMI carries a higher quality signal but like you said I got the cable for under ten beans so WTF.

Silver Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 138
I have been hearing all this talk about 1080 res hdmi vs component. I have a 60" sony sxrd rptv as well as a PS3 and Xbox 360. I spend a ridiculous amount of time in front of this tv on both systems. I would like to add that the PS3 over HDMI looks WAY BETTER than the 360 in every game I have ever played. In addition to that, I would like to point out that, in order to do 1080p via component, the tv, source, and cables all have to be compatible with some fruity technology that realistically, no products are. I hope that this will clear things up for some people.

Stefan

Silver Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 102
i also use HDMI for my PS3 but it goes through my reciever and then one HDMI going to the tv its easy cause i dont have to switch inputs on the tv just the reciever. and i completly agree with Stefan about the PS3 compare to the 360. the 360 might have a better library than PS3 (cause it is still playing catchup) but the PS3 kills the 360 in sheer power, speed, and all the options it has

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 240
You may be forced to run an HDMI cable, sooner or later so that you can receiver full HD signals. Content providers are getting more serious about HDCP (high bandwidth data content protection)and it will be required, sooner or later, to receiver HD audio and video.

It can improve image quality, depending on the video source and it processing power. Some digital displays benefit greatly by reducing contouring artifacts using higher bit rates than DVI or component inputs can support.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 177
Nick, it "looks" like you paid way too much for that TV, otherwise my friend Berny would have asked you for some specifications and then given you some advice on achieving the best picture from that un-named TV make and model.

=============================

Why on earth would you respond like such a pr*ck?

Why insult the person?

Anyway, spending $1500 these days on a TV isnt that much, so why would you even state the above?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us