SONY STR-DA3000ES Problems

Username: Supraboy911

Post Number: 1
hi, i have a SONY STR-DA3000ES and it is not performing well. sometimes it makes my speakers pop, or make a static noise, but not all the time. i have a klipsch 5.1 surround system were the suwoofer is the amp...i had to try the sony because my tv dose not have a audio out on it... and the klipsch has only 3 iniputs, one a regular stereo,a optical, and one coaxial.. so i routed the speakers to the sony and connected the the suwoofer out to the klipsch subwoofer. my speakers make the static soung but nt constant but more like a poping (like popcorn lol) any way dose anybody know my problem ide like to figure it out before i finish with my room.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 244
Your Klipsch speakers deserve a much better AV receiver solution than what Sony can provide. Continual use of a faulty receiver will only risk damage of your excellent speaker system and that would be a shame. Your model has been plagued with service issues and Sony is terrible about service. A quick search on the internet an you will find many unhappy customers. I am not sure how Sony can charge so much for an AV receiver that has marginal performance.

I wish I could recommend a receiver but with the new TrueHD from Dolby and DTS coming out with its own HD standard for audio, it is hard to recommend to anyone an investment in an AV receiver right now until the new receivers hit the market with the new codec support and HDMI 1.3.

Wish I had better news.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us