Mixing Components Dynaudio and B&W

Username: Vicksburgstudio

Post Number: 1
I am mostly a stereo music listener... ALthough, now I am wanting to get a nice 5.1 setup for the home. I have a dynaudio 5.1 system in the studio and I love it... But it's flat and not very musical. Of course, they are studio monitors, in a flat tuned room.

But in general, I like the dynaudio speakers...I was just about to buy a pair of the Audience 122's and a sub 500 for stereo listening.

But I have a friend that wants to trade me B&W 602's for a microphone.

I'd like to take the offer, but I am not sure what the rule is about mixing speakers in a 5.1 setup.

Is this a for sure bad thing to do, or should i go for it?

What are the rules about mixing speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 246
Well, generally I don't recommend mixing speakers but it can get you buy until you can upgrade the rest of the system. It would be hard to pass up a deal on B&Ws and I would jump on it myself, keeping in mind that I would want to upgrade to B&W's CT8s or whatever you can afford later. I assure you, once you own the pair, you will be convinced to buy more of them. Some of the 602's are discontinued so a call to B&W to see what is the best upgrade path that fits your future budget and would be best for you would be wise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us