Klipsch or KEF speakers?

Username: Dawei82

Post Number: 1
Hi all was wondering which set of speakers to buy. Should I get the Klipsch Cinema 8 series replacing the woofer with a RW-10d instead of a RW-8 or get the KHT 3005 series? This has been causing me quite a headache any help or views would be appreciated.

Regards
David

Post Number: 2
Hi all was wondering which set of speakers to buy. Should I get the Klipsch Cinema 8 series replacing the woofer with a RW-10d instead of a RW-8 or get the KHT 3005 series? This has been causing me quite a headache any help or views would be appreciated.

Which AV surround reciever would you guys recommend the Denon AVR-2307 or Onkyo SR604 to match the above mentioned speakers? Any help would once again be appreciated.

Regards
David

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 230
I like both manufacturers and you could not go wrong with either. They have very similar sounds in some respects but I think the Klipsch's controlled dispersion gives them a little more clarity at low volumes. The KEF's are just a little more laid back.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13801
Personally, I am not a big fan of the Denon Klipsch pairing. I think they sound a little sterile. I like the Denon/KEF combination better, but the speakers I have heard play well together with the Denon are Paradigms. Good stuff!

Again, keep in mind, that I am using MY ears to make the evaluation. Your perception will be totally different :-)

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 232
I like Paradigms but I would not put them in the same class of speakers as KEF and Klipsch.

Post Number: 3
Ture that paradigms are good I heard the sound that they were able to produce. What I didnt like about KEF and the paradigms was that their subwoofers did not meet the expectations in terms of their base produce by the subwoofers. Klipsch on the other hand produced base that was hard and solid. Was thinking whether to get the 2307 now or wait till the HDMI 1.3 receivers are out...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13817
Then you should listen to HSU subwoofers.

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 235
Then it sounds like you are leaning toward the Klipsch system. The RSW's are expensive but are the best performing subwoofer for the money that I have heard to date. Clean, flat, and have a very high average dB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us