Anyone have the Yamaha YHT-740?

Anonymous
I see the new Yamaha Theater in a Box models are out. Does anyone have the 740 or any other model yet? Does anyone have any experience with last year's model (700)?

Anonymous
I just bought the yht-740 from Best Buy but haven't hooked it up yet as I'm waiting for the Samsung 50" DLP TV that goes with to arrive. I've only hooked up three of the front speakers and the sub and so far I like what I hear. I'll let you know in about two weeks how everything goes.

Anonymous
Thank you, I would really like to hear how it works.

Brandon Whitman
I had the yamaha for 2 months from best buy...great system...then i heard the onkyo 760...Dont get me wrong the Yamaha is a great system...but the sattellites sounded tinny and not very full compared to the onkyo...imho the onkyo is a much better system...and pair it with the onkyo dvcp701 6-disc changer and you have one hell of a system...and youve spent the same as the yamaha...granted the yamaha looks better with its stylish speaker and silver color...but who in here really cares about looks...its all about the sound...cause with the lights down and a good movie...whos looking at the reciever anyways...

Thats just my two cents...

Anonymous
Brandon,

I didn't know the 740 was out that long. Is that the model you have, or do you have the 700?

Anonymous
I just bought it from electronicgiant.com, for 645, that is the best price that i found. I haven't hooked it up yet, but i have heard it at the store, sounds awsome. I am waiting for my 61 inch samsung dlp to come in. I feel like this is a good system for the price, espically since the reciever and the dvd player are seperate.

Anonymous
Does anyone have any reviews after having it for a while?

Anonymous
Does the YHT-740 play DVD-R discs?

Anonymous
I just went to my local store and they are sold out of this model, including the display. I guess it is a hot seller, but nobody on here seems to have it to give us a nice review. I'll just be here waiting.......

Anonymous
Any more reviews on this one?

Anonymous
Anybody?

Anonymous
I just bought this system. It works very well. It is a great deal for the price. It was better than anything else I found, including the Onkyo.

I have a 740 - very happy with it.

Anonymous
I just purchased it and it sounds great...i dont care for the dvd player...sort of plain and gave me problems with the first dvd i put into it. I may return this for the onkyo 767 because of the great reviews the onkyo gets.

Anonymous
Does anyone know anything about the Onkyo 767

Anonymous
Just bought the Yahmaha 740.....what else can be said but....AWESOME......but check the net first....paid 799.99 at Best Buy.

Anonymous
I have been looking for the YHT 740 as well and found it for $578.55 @ bizrate.lycos.com
I did not see what shipping was though.
does anyone know if they are a reputable company?

Thanx!!

Anonymous

I've just purchased a yamha YHT 740 home theater receiver system.I would like better 6.1 speakers.
Would Bose AM 16 be the best choice? If yes, are there any other compatible speakers for a lesser price.
Thanks,
Ashok

Anonymous

Hi,
I am Planning to buy Yamaha YHT 740 system. I know while watching DVD you will get good sound effect, how is it when watching TV ????. We will have same kind of effects with DVD and for TV ?????
I have read in one review saying subwoofer is going bad very soon. Does anybody had the problem with subwoofer ????.

Thanks in advance.

chris carlson
Unregistered guest
I have just started to set up my onkyo 760. I ran component cables from the dvd player to the tv. I ran a digital audio cable from the dvd player to the receiver. Is this all I need to do? The radio works but I have no sound from the dvd player or tv. Is there something I have to set up? Please help me.
Chris

Username: Discoshrew111

Post Number: 4
I think the Yamaha will sound good until you hear something that is not home theater in a box. It's not that hard to put together a better system than any HTIB system.

Anonymous

I have Yamaha YHT 740, does anybody know how to make this DVD player DVD-C6660 "region free"????.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us