Help with furniture!

Username: Glelas

Post Number: 1
I am mounting my LCD on the wall. We are going to need a place to house all the components. what my wife and I are looking for is something that looks like a piece of furniture not a "TV stand". No glass faces, no open shelves (at least not for electronics) and here is the hard part reasonably priced without losing quality. It can be any size or height, as long as it can house, cable box, PS3, receiver etc...any website suggestions or specific sugestions? we are sort of rookies at this. Also any remotes that can work through closed doors no glass faces?
Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 75
For the remote question, URC-9910 (approximately $40), URC-9964 (approx. $60) and Harmony 890 (approx. $300) have RF extenders that you can place near your equipment. The remotes send both IR and RF simultaneously. The IR signals operate your equipment like normal. The RF signals can penetrate walls, furniture, etc. and reach the RF extender, which translates the signals to IR and sends them to your equipment.

There may be other remotes that work this way and come with RF base stations, but these are the ones I know of off hand.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 212
A low cost AV rack solution is to build a rack into the wall or a closet, or even another room. And, as Nathan pointed out, an RF system will make it possible to operate remotely. Speaker grill cloth stretched over a simple frame is also a good solution to cover the opening and still provide adequate ventilation.

Username: Bobevans

Post Number: 3
Here's I site I found http://www.sleekspace.com Includes home furnishings such as furniture, rugs, lighting, chairs and decorating accents. Free Shipping on all Orders!

Username: Chassc

Charleston, SC

Post Number: 2
Have you thought about calling a cabinetry shop or two and getting quotes on built-in cabs? I had custom cabinets built into 2 former homes. They were were very nice & not as expensive as one might think. Just make sure to plan drawers and other space for your various forms of media & music collection, & good ventilation between your components. If possible, an access door to the back of the components also really helps. Note - if you have wooden doors or even tinted glass doors that close over the components, the remote controls will not work unless the doors are open -see previous posters' advice for work- arounds}.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us