Seriously going crazy with this Set Up Issue!

Username: Ajkori

Post Number: 1
First time poster, thanks ahead of time for your help!
I just bought my first condo, which is on the 21st floor, and the living room has 2 walls of floor to ceiling windows featuring downtown and a north views. The views are amazing and I love looking at them.
That's why I am considering putting my 50inch DLP in front of one of the windows (north view) since there is no direct sunlight that comes from this window. I've been told putting a TV in front of a window is plain stupid; but, the TV barely blocks any of the view and would let me enjoy my view by having all the couches face the TV and therefore the view. If I put my TV against the wall, the couches will face the wall and I will, in effect ,have my back to the windows/view at all times.

Since I have to buy a sectional sofa with either a left or right chaise, this decision is pretty much permanent as soon as I buy the couch (which, I really need to do soon!).

Since my friends have been no help so far, I'm hoping you all, the experts, have an idea. By the way, I'll be getting roller shades that can effectively block out almost all of the light from all windows.

In addition, here's my condo layout. North is to the left (proposed TV placement):
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1967
It shouldn't hurt anything so long as you can see the view. What does this condo run you?

Username: Ajkori

Post Number: 2
Under 300k. It's Philadelphia where property is cheap.
My main concern is viewing the TV though...will the light from the background window pose a viewing problem?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13500
Any light competing with your display will pose a viewing problem. However, it is easier to draw shades if the monitor is on your wall instead of by the window.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1430
­
A busy man in his 'cheap' 300K condo will no doubt be enjoying his TV mostly at night, when ambient daylight will not be a problem. For those weekend daylight video events Ajay will have the roller shades. Those shades should be on the other windows as well, which would be west and the afternoon sun will be blazing in. Given shades there also, what's the problem here?
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us