Setting up home theatre system

Username: Erichajones

Post Number: 1
Hi
Can anyone help me set up a DVD player with surround sound speakers, a sky box and possibly a recordable DVD player - although that isn't important. At the moment when I turn the DVD player from TV to DVD/CD so that I can play a DVD I have to mess with the AV on the television to get it to play so I don't think I've got something set up correctly

Thanks

Ericha}

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1416
­
Ericha, since you have the satellite receiver feeding one input on the TV, you have to select another input on the television in order to see the DVD's video signal. Sounds like you are trying to fix something that is working fine. :-)

If, however, your DVD has a video/audio input available, then you could connect the skybox's A/V signal into the DVD unit. Then you could do the switching at the DVD and leave the TV's inputs undisturbed.
­

Username: Erichajones

Post Number: 2
Thanks John S will give that a go

ericha

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 170
Or better yet, get a remote like the Logitech Harmony series that makes all the proper setting for you with one touch of an activity button.

I generally suggest running video and audio directly to the source to optimize performance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us