What kind of speaker mount do I need?

Username: Tonbo

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 10
I've combed the Internet up and down, but can't seem to find the kind of satellite speaker mount I would need.

It's a no-name brand (JWin) and the only mounting thingy I can see on the back of each satellite speaker is just a big hole, about 1.25 inches in diameter. That's it! No screw holes, no keyholes, just this big hole that disappears into the speaker all the way to through to the front, above the speaker cone.

No threads, no instructions on how to mount.

Any idea what I could use to mount these besides on a shelf? Ideal a tilt/swivel mount would be great.

Thanks in advance.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 128
First of all, sticking things up the airway of the speaker is probably not the way to go. If there is no mount, then you can go ahead use the do it yourself option. You could attach some brackets to the back of the speaker with screws and then attach those directly to your wall. Also, you could bring the speaker in to your local hardware store and ask the guys there.

Stefan

Bronze Member
Username: Tonbo

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 11
Ah, so it's called an airway . . . you'd think these clods would provide some sort of mounting option. Thing is, I have no idea what's behind the rear wall of the speaker--I wouldn't want to drill into wiring. Is there some kind of system which has a vise-like bracket that one can tighten around the sides of the speaker?

Alternatively, I don't suppose it will kill me to put them on shelves.

Thanks for the help . . .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us