Can I play PS2 sound through my home theatre system?

Username: Renvan

Post Number: 1
My oldest brother recently upgraded his home cinema system, and gave me the old (but still perfectly functional) system instead of selling it on. It's a Proline DVD150HT with full surround sound and sub-woofer (as I believe it's meant to have, according to it's manual).
Now, whilst I do watch DVD movies occasionally, what I mostly want/wanted to do with this was play my console's sound (A PS2 and a Gamecube) through the theatre's surround sound speakers. My attempts to wire my TV, the HT system and my PS2 in such a way that the video comes clear on the TV and the sound plays through the HT's surround sound have so far been fruitless. I can get a choppy, corrupted imaged on screen that appears to be an amalgamation of the HT's own "no DVD inserted" screen and what should be playing from the PS2, but not a clear image from the PS2 - at least, not with any sound.
Can anyone help me figure out how to wire things up?
To summarise:
* Equipment: Playstation 2, TV with scart socket and regular single-pin aerial socket, and a Proline DVD150HT Home Theatre system.
* Aim: To be able to play the PS2's sound through the Proline DVD150HT's surround sound speakers whilst the images still go through to the TV properly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us