Yamaha V2400 Receiver Surround Back Problems

Username: Dj928

Post Number: 2
I have a Yamaha V2400 receiver with 7.1 speakers hooked up to the system. The receiver will only recognize 5.1 and will not acknowledge the surround back speakers. I've run through the troubleshooting for this problem and I have everything selected or hooked up as recommended. I've put a 9V battery to the speaker wire of the SB speakers to confirm there is no problem in the wiring within the wall. Does anyone know this system well enough to help me with this? I can't get a response from Yamaha.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 99
Check for "zone" settings... ie a 7.1 vs a 5.1+2, that is a second zone stereo set up for another room etc.

When you get no sound from back surroundsis this...
- using test tones?
- using PLIIx with stereo source?
- when playing a dvd? (does the dvd have rear channels encoded, Dolby Digital surround EX, or DTS-ES?)
- all of the above?

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 160
Another thing to check.

During setup, be sure to deactivate the presence speakers, and activate surround back. If presence is set to ON, the surround backs wont work.

Username: Dj928

Post Number: 3
Turns out zone 2 was activated and had to be deactivated for the 7.1 to work. I did not know this. I had to call Yamaha to get this info. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us