FAN PROBLEM PLEASE HELP IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY

Username: Section8joe

Youngstown, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
I have a samsung theatre in a box. It's been working fine for 2 years. The other day I came home and when I turned it on the fan was making loud grinding noise. I took the machine apart a disconnected the fan from the back on the machine. I turned the machine on holding the fan in my hand and it ran just fine. When I reattached it to the machine it make a loud noise. It kinda seems like the fan is struggling to run. Any suggestions on how I can fix it???

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1209
Maybe the bearings are going bad?

EXPLOSIVE laughter!

Upload

Don't laugh too hard or this could happen to you...

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 83
Hopefully it's a standard pc fan, then you'll be able to easily get a replacement. Be sure to get one with descent bearings and quoted db level (below 20dB probably). There is plenty of demand for quiet fans for home theatre pc's, shouldn't cost much either.

Apart from that, try clearing any dust and crud off the old fan. My guess its only coming under proper load when it is running enclosed in the case and that's when it starts to make noise / rattle etc...

Bronze Member
Username: Gixer41960

Adelaide, South Australia

Post Number: 15
If you are unable to put in a newer fan try putting some sewing machine oil onto the spindle and see if that quietens it down.

Username: Rammi

Post Number: 1
you can better opt for new fan with decent bearings.

http://www.best4offer.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us