Speaker distance

Username: Jbl_dude

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
My wife got me the jbl 300 5.1 surround system with the yamaha htr-5940 reciever. i have done alot of research on how to set it up, i know that they say to set the back speakers 5 feet behind you and two feet above the listening area. My question is, how much distance from the couch to the wall width wise, or should they be aligned the same as the fron speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2920
Hi, christen welcome

I'm a JBL user well a JBL fan since 1989 let's see some pictures of the set-up from all angles.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1141
Hey I've got some 4311 control monitors (from 74 I beleive) which I really like, I wish I had a camera or something.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1361
­
Christian, according to Dolby a good 5.1 setup looks something like this:

Upload

The rear speakers should be behind, but I'm not so sure they should be that far, except maybe in a very large room. Two feet above ear level is good. I think too many people place the rears too high, imo.
­

Username: Jvannyr

Post Number: 2
How far from the ceiling and wall should the rear speakers be? Should the rear speakers be flat against the wall or angled?
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 31
rear speakers, have variables, for movies they say 2 to 3 feet up and for music they say at ear level between the driver and tweet, if you use booth, eather get ajustable stands or compermise by mesuring and placing them in the middle slightly higher, thats what I did, I know my spelling sucks but Im to tired to use spell chek, angle them to the sweet spot

Username: Angelodileonardo

Elmer, N.j. Usa

Post Number: 3
bought 3 pair of bose 901 for my theater room do you have to us there equalizer for all the speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 37
I dont know anything about bose, when did you buy them and where

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1502

quote:

bought 3 pair of bose 901 for my theater room do you have to us there equalizer for all the speakers

If you want better sound from them, yes. These speakers have 9 medium-small cone speakers in them and no tweeter(s) which means they need help at both ends of the audio spectrum. And that's the job of the equalizer. I hope you have some serious power to run them.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us