HSU Performance Package

Username: Tennisnut

Post Number: 3
In the process of upgrading from old HTIB and started with a mid-priced Sony receiver. All my speakers from the HTIB work OK, but since the subwoofer is not powered on its own I need to replace it. I saw on another post recommendation to look at HSU subwoofer, and from what I saw the STF-2 looked like a good deal for the price. Of course I would have to find a local retailer that carries HSU to try them out, but it looked good online.

My real question is should I just get the subwoofer, or for $200 more purchase the Performance Package 2, which includes the subwoofer and Ventriloquist 6 speaker surround set? How much difference is there between only 1 and 2 rear speakers? Trying to keep the price reasonable and still get halfway decent sound.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1166
Dan:

Hsu is an internet retailer; therefore, you are very unlikely to find a retailer. Instead, they sell factory direct, so you have to order the product, and set it up in your home. You then have 30 days to try the product out, and if you don't want to keep it, you just call Hsu for an RMA# and you ship it back.

I can tell you that I have the Hsu STF-2, and it is so much better than any thing I heard in a retail store for under $1K that there was no comparison. The Hsu is simply a fantastic sub. I have never heard their Ventriloquist package, but if you are interested, I would just order everything you are interested in and try it out in your home with your equipment. After all, you can always ship it back for a refund if it doesn't improve your sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us