Jamo speakers for Yamaha avr 2600

Username: Audioholic

RiyadhSaudi Arabia

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am setting up up my Home theatre these days and trying to find out good speaker set for my Yamaha av reciever 2600. The reciever is rated to be one of the best one out there. The choices that I have here are jamo E855 series speakers, Bose AM10 and Yamaha 555 or 777 series. Now I am kind of confused what to go for. With reading all the comments about Bose, that they lack mid ranges and several other issues, I am kind of off from that thought. I have strong inclination towards Jamo, but finding any review about them is very hard. Yamaha is a choice because I have the reciever of the same made. I heard at the outlet, but they seem to be a bit tight on sound. Didnt impressed me. Can anyone comment on choice for Jamo. I personally like clean clear crisp sound with deeper bass. Jamo, I heard are a bit warm. Not too sure they would be the one that I am looking for. The place where I live, these are the only high end choices available.

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 87
the choice between Jamo and Yamaha should be made purely on your listening tests. Forget the Bose, old tech - new hype.

I don't think the Yamaha's are quite in the same class as the Jamo E855's - so, if they sound good, go with the Jamo's

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 134
Try Mirage. You might be impressed by Mirage speakers. They are clear, but also full sounding as well.

They bounce sound off the walls, like Bose (if you are into the huge, enveloping stereo everywhere type sound)

You stated that you aren't looking for a "tight" sound, so you may like these

They are warm, but not overtly so. However I like warm speakers.

They may not impress you, but they may :-) you never know until you hear them.

www.miragespeakers.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us