Using Velcro to attach main speakers to a rear projection TV

Username: Bmenard

Post Number: 3
Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any information/opinions regarding attaching speakers to either side of a 48" rear projection TV using velcro or double-sided tape. Would this cause any undesired effects in either audio or video signal, quality, etc.

I just put toghether a new system (HK AVR140 6.1 receiver and Polk Audio 6750 surround w/ psw303 sub). The speakers are small enough to mount this way, but I'm worried more about causing any interference in signals or damaging the equipment.

I like my center to sit on top of the TV, but the L/R are too close if I sit them up there as well. The only other option would be to mount them on the wall behind the TV (the whole point of getting a new surround system was to clear up some floor space), but doing that would cause other problems with regards to room size, tv placement, blocking, etc.

Any pros or cons about mounting them to either side of the TV would be greatly appreciated.

Thanksabunch,

Bob

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12449
There is always the risk of the adhesive failing, then you will probably have damaged equipment. Have you thought about using speaker stands? After all, the space below the speakers will have been unused, if you do mount it on the side of the TV.

Post Number: 4
Unfortunately, my main issue is space, so stands are pretty much out of the question. Plus, the room it is set up in is kind of odd. I have my equipment stand beside the TV and that pretty much takes up all the available space.

So, you don't figure It'll cause any interference with the AV equipment, just that there's a risk of the adhesive failing?

Thanks for the prompt response, Berny.

Bob

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12450
I have not seen nor heard any interference with Polks being that close to the TV. I believe it is shielded so you won't have any picture problems. Stereo separation might suffer being that close together, though.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for some good food-for-thought, Berny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us