Hooking up my new Panasonic plasma

Username: Craigabooey

Post Number: 1
Hello all I'm new here and have the usual wiring questions I guess everyone has so here goes..... I have a 42" Panasonic HD plasma which has 2 HDMI connections, a HD/DVR cable box that has an HDMI connection, a Panasonic DVD recorder/VCR combo unit with HDMI connector, and a home theatre in a box surround sound system with a built in DVD player. This piece of equipment is a little older and only has an S video jack, digital audio out, video out, and L/R audio output jacks. I want to start watching DVD's on the new Panasonic DVD/VCR combo unit because its HDMI and upconverts DVD's to near HD quality, but I still want the surround sound from the home theatre in a box. Is this possible? Whats the best way to wire all this stuff up? Thanks!

CRaig

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 324
Send the HDMIs to the TV and a digital connection either optical or digital coaxil to the receiver.

Username: Dsmegst

Chantilly, VA USA

Post Number: 2
Casey,

Sounds like you're suggesting that the video signal go straight to the TV. This is related to my own question on a previous post. I did notice that analog (RCA) vid signal is degraded after going through the receiver first, but is this also the case with RGB signal? The receiver is sending signal to the TV via HDMI.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us