Setup help - Offset HD TV with surround sound

Username: Jgannon87

Post Number: 1
I have a setup question. What will my brain do when I watch my smaller TV offset to the speakers. I realize that this is not optimal, etc....

I have a 10.5 deep x 15 wide living room open on one side with a fireplace in the center and a media cabinet to the left of the fireplace.

While we did put cables above the fireplace we have not purchased the giant TV yet. We have placed a 21 inch wide Wega in the media cabinet. The picture is a bit small, but we like the way that the room looks for now.

There are RCL (angled) and RL RR speakers built into the _12 foot_ celings. There is a sub cable in the wall somewhere.

I am thinking about purchasing a Sony or Yamaha 5.1 system to get better sound. At $160 I figure why not.

The question - what will my brain do when it hears sound centered on the fireplace while looking at an image to the left of the fireplace (in fact, directly under the left ceiling speaker)?

Should I wire up the speakers as they are?
Should I buy the Sony which has a pre amp out and wire the center channel to the TV's internal speakers?
Should I use the internal LR in the TV for LCR but take advantage of my RL, RR and sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us