Hook up?

Username: Topo4u20

Post Number: 2
I was on the other forum but I think this might be a better one for my circumstance.
I have a Sony HDF55E2000 with a Curtis home theatre DVD and a Motorola DCT 6500. HDTV. I believe I can connect the HDMI/DVI from TV to cable box to give me the video side. And then use the component connectors to go from tv to dvd? and audio in and out. Not too sure how to hook this up. I have searched everywhere but most people are using VCR's. Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1258
­
"but most people are using VCR's"

Mike, I don't know where you've looked, but it seems to me that the VCR is all but dead. In any case, that's beside the point. It looks like you have your hookup figured out to me. You might check your Curtis HTIB for a digital audio input which would come in handy for listening to multichannel sound off the cable box. If not, you'll have to use the line R/L analog outputs on the cable box to the Curtis.
­

Username: Topo4u20

Post Number: 3
John, there is an optical and coaxial connection on the back of the DVD(Curtis)..not too sure where to connect them if at all?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1261
­
Assuming these optical and coaxial ports are inputs, then you simply hook up the appropriate cable from the Motorola to the Curtis. This would give you digital audio when watching cable TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us