Someone help me out please.

Username: Jonathan_rodier

Post Number: 1
Hey, I just bought a JVC TH-C6 digital theater system and if I want to watch tv through it, the sound must be at 60 ( max ) and is still very low. I just want to know how to hook it up with my cable receiver so the sound will be louder. Please advise.
thx.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 209
Can you find the model of your cable receiver? How is it currently hooked up?
What does your receiver go up to?
ALRIGHTY THEN!

Post Number: 2
The cable receiver is from our digital tv provider here in Quebec, Ilico Explorer 3200 wich is hooked to the Tv by Rca Video Out to Rca Video In to the Tv : Panasonic Th-50PX60U. The tv is wired to the Dvd/receiver with a componant cable (blue/orange/green)and we don't have the soundpower that we are supposed to have. why? is it a setting in the cable receiver ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Ok maybe I should ask where the audio connections are hooked up! Those are the connections that matter to me!

Post Number: 3
Well, we got a Rca (left&right) cable going from the Explorer cable receiver to the Tv. and a Fiber Optic from the Tv to the Dvd player. thats about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
That's your problem! You need to hook the Rca straight up to the RCA's on your receiver. The Fiber Optic can stay if you're watching TV from the TV's tuner as well. Maybe if the cable receiver has a fiber optic output you can use that. If not, you might be able to get one from your provider.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Another problem might be that your tv controls the sound level along with the receiver. You might need to turn those both up if you don't want hookup straight to the receiver. A straight hookup will result in better sound though.

Post Number: 4
Thx for your help,I'll get a HD receiver with optic fiber connections and everything will be fine. Thx again!

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
No problem man, I'm on this site for a reason. I'm to ask questions and asnwer questions about anything audio or video. Also, if you're using your tv to tune as well, use the L/R cables for that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
I see the cable receiver has a coaxial audio out. Too bad the dvd/receiver doesn't have a coaxial input. I guess that's what you get for having a budget below 300, even 1,000 on a home theatre setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us