Best setting for tv

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 148
it seems i get my best sound with "neo-6". but what setting should it really be when listening to a tv show with dolby digital or dolby 5.1?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11834
It should be on the setting that you think provides you with the best sound. It is all according to your ears, no one else's!

The question would be...are you really getting dolby digital broadcast out of your TV stations? How is your audio connected to the receiver? Are you using a cable box? Does your cable box have digital audio outputs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
my cable box has hdmi out to my tv and the tv has audio\video out to video i on the reciever.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11836
Is the TV output to the receiver digital or analog?

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
right now i have the red/white/yellow cables hooked to video 1 on my reciever and get sound fine. i have a digital optical out on the tv reviever (pioneer elite 1130) and connected to video 3 digital optical in on the kenwood home theater reciver, but i get no sound out of it when it is on video 3.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
just read some fine print, when hdmi is used nothing is output from digital opticl,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11851
Darn those pesky fine print :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
still confused, if the dvd is on and the reciever says "dobly digital" in the display, shouldn't the reciever say the same thing when a tv show is broadcast in dolby digital?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11858
Not necessarily. You have to contact your cable service provider to see if they are broadcasting in dolby. The "dolby" overlay on the TV program is pretty much standard if the studio has the original programming in dolby. It does not necessarily mean you are receiving it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
ok, thanks for your time. i'll update when i know something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
got it. i ran a digital optical cable from the digital out on the cable box to digital in vdeo 3 on the reciever and "dolby digital" shows up on the display.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11860
Glad you got it sorted out.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us